Ladbrooke 'Mini 5' 1-1/2" 5-Cell Soil Blocker, Made in England
- The Mini 5 creates five blocks of soil for seed germination and transplanting that are each 1-1/2” x 1-1/2" x 1-1/2”. The Mini 5 produces five soil blocks at a time and comes with a packet of five standard 3/8" seed pins, which must be inserted.
- The Mini 5 can also be fitted with longer 7/8" dowel pins for larger seeds, being planted at greater depths, which must be purchased separately.
- Now a standard among many organic gardeners and farmers, soil blockers are an ingenious way to start seeds. Soil blockers compress the growing medium to form blocks that are placed in trays and hold their shape. Seeds are placed directly into the soil blocks. Once plants germinate, the soil blocks can then be placed directly into the soil.
- Soil blocks offer an excellent growing method and provide a high rate of germination. Soil blocking mix is compressed wet into the soil blocker, then discharged into a tray with the ejection handle. Soil blocking reduces the likelihood of plants becoming rootbound, as the air between the soil blocks air-prunes the roots.
- Soil blocking offers an eco-friendly system that eliminates the need for using plastic seed starting trays, and buying, storing and sanitizing plastic pots. Soil blockers make a "pot-less" pot, and can be used for all seeds, and are great to use for cuttings as well.
- Made in England for over 60 years, Ladbrooke soil blocking tools are made from zinc coated steel that will last for years. They make a great gift for both novice and experienced gardeners.
- FREE Shipping!
The Mini 5 soil blocker is great for mid-summer starts and for small and quick germinating seeds. It produces five 1-1/2" soil blocks, each with a pre-formed seed dimple on the top. Potting soil is compressed wet into the soil block mold and then discharged into a tray with the ejection handle. Very simple to use and handle. Soil blockers make a "pot-less" pot, can be used for all seeds, and are great to use for cuttings as well. With soil blocks, roots are air-pruned and transplant shock, stunting, slow-growth are greatly reduced.
These are utilitarian, hand-made gardening tools, made of robust zinc-plated steel construction. Cosmetic blemishes and water bathing marks made during manufacturing are natural, and in no way alter the functionality of the tool.
Please note, a set of 3/8" seed pins come with the Mini 5, but 7/8" Dowel Pins need to be purchased separately. Contact Us if you need five Dowel Pins versus four stated in the listing in the listing. Please note that the Mini 5 is not suitable for use with Cube Inserts.
*U.S. addresses only.
- 8.00 (in)
- 8.00 (in)
- 1.50 (in)